This post is authored as part of a collaboration; however, I have personally reviewed content and links to ensure it fits within my brand and interests.
Many folks prefer a lighter meal in the summer months when the weather is hot, luckily this is super easy to achieve in a Paleo lifestyle. So read on for a few choice suggestions of some perfect summer chow.
Crab and Avocado Salad
1 pound Maryland crab, cooked
Bitter lettuce like baby gem or romaine
1 cucumber, diced
5 avocados - peeled, pitted, and diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- First of all, you need to prepare the blue crabs for the salad. To do this ensure that they are cooked until bright orange, any red or green spotting means they are done and need longer. Then shell them and set the meat aside.
- Next, to make the dressing combine the olive oil, with a tsp must add, tsp of grated ginger and the juice of half a lime. Although It's always worth staying this to check it suit your palette and then you can adjust as necessary. Also, add salt and pepper to taste to the dressing.
- Then break up the lettuce and arrange on a platter. Dice the cucumber into small cube sand sprinkled across the lettuce. The shred the crab meat and sprinkle across the platte too.
- Lastly, dice the avocados, remember to leave these until last as they go brown quickly. Then toss them in the dressing and arrange on the platter. Serve with more dressing on the side and some crusty white bread to mop up all the delicious juices.
Cajun Fish Salad
1lb of white fish marinated overnight in Cajun seasoning
¼ tsp scallions
½ cup white onion
4 ripe tomatoes
1 clove garlic
½ cup cilantro
This is an easy recipe to make, and it's delicious too! Remember to marinade the fish beforehand to get a really rich flavor. Popping it in a freezer bag with the seasoning is the quickest and easiest way to do this.
- First get a pan on the heat and add a tsp olive oil. Use it to fry one diced jalapeno and the white onion.
- While that is cooking take the other jalapeno, garlic, tomatoes and a big squeeze lime juice and chop in a food processor to make a salsa.
- Once the onions are cooked, add in the fish cut into 1cm strips and cook.
- While this is cooking tear off leaves from the romaine as a bed for you salad, then add the fish and onions and drizzle the solar over the top for a delicious main meal.
4 tuna steaks
12 anchovy fillets
2 cups green beans
½ cup black olives
Vine ripe tomatoes
White wine vinegar
- First make the dressing for the salad combine the olive oil, a tsp of mustard and a tbsp of white wine vinegar and set aside.
- Then grill the tuna steak to your liking. While the tuna is cooking, hard boil the eggs and set the green beans to boil separately. While this is going on take 4 bowls and divide the rocket, tomatoes, anchovies and olives equally between them.
- Then cool the eggs in water, shell and cut each into 4. Add four quarters to each salad. Top with the green beans and tuna for delicious and nutritious light meal.